- From USA
- Joined KU on Fall 2007
- Graduated on Spring 2012 (Ph.D. with honors)
- Current employment: Intel Corp.
15. Brian A. Ruzicka, Rui Wang, Jessica Lohrman, Shenqiang Ren, and Hui Zhao, Exciton diffusion in semiconducting single-walled carbon nanotubes studied by transient absorption microscopy, Physical Review B 86, 205417 (2012).
14. Brian A. Ruzicka, Shuai Wang, Jianwei Liu, Kian-Ping Loh, Judy Z. Wu, and Hui Zhao,Spatially resolved pump-probe study of single-layer graphene produced by chemical vapor deposition [invited], Optics Materials Express 2, 708 (2012).
13. Brian A. Ruzicka, Lalani K. Werake, Guowei Xu, Jacob B. Khurgin, E. Ya. Sherman, Judy Z. Wu, and Hui Zhao, Second-harmonic generation induced by electric currents in GaAs, Physical Review Letters 108, 077403 (2012).
Featured in Physics Today (Frequency-doubled photons can measure current density, March of 2012).
Featured in Physics-Uspekhi (Vol. 55, Issue 4) as Physics News: Detection of electric currents in GaAs based on second-harmonic generation.
12. Brian A. Ruzicka and Hui Zhao, Optical studies of ballistic currents in semiconductors [invited], Journal of the Optical Society of America B 29, A43 (2012).
11. Brian A. Ruzicka,N. Kumar, S. Wang, K.P. Loh, and Hui Zhao, Two-probe study of hot carriers in reduced graphene oxide, Journal of Applied Physics 109, 084322 (2011).
10. Brian A. Ruzicka, L.K. Werake, H. Samassekou, and Hui Zhao, Ambipolar diffusion of photo-excited carriers in bulk GaAs, Applied Physics Letters 97, 262119 (2010).
9. Brian A. Ruzicka, S. Wang, L.K. Werake, B. Weintrub, K.P. Loh, and Hui Zhao, Hot carrier diffusion in graphene, Physical Review B 82, 195414 (2010).
8. Brian A. Ruzicka, L.K. Werake, Hui Zhao, S. Wang, and K.P. Loh, Femtosecond pump-probe studies of reduced graphene oxide thin films, Applied Physics Letters 96, 173106 (2010).
7. Brian A. Ruzicka and Hui Zhao, Power dependence of pure spin current injection by quantum interference. Physical Review B 79, 155204 (2009).
6. Brian A. Ruzicka, K. Higley, L.K. Werake, and Hui Zhao, All-optical generation and detection of subpicosecond ac spin-current pulses in GaAs, Physical Review B 78, 045314 (2008).
Selected as Editor's Suggestions
4. Alec Kirkeminde, Brian A. Ruzicka, Rui Wang, Sarah Puna, Hui Zhao, and Shenqiang Ren, Synthesis and optoelectronic properties of two-dimensional FeS2 nanoplates, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 4, 1174 (2012).
3. N. Kumar, Brian A. Ruzicka, N.P. Butch, P. Syers, K. Kirshenbaum, J. Paglione,and Hui Zhao, Spatially resolved femtosecond pump-probe study of topological insulator Bi2Se3, Physical Review B 83, 235306 (2011).
Selected as Editor's Suggestions.
2. L.K. Werake, Brian A. Ruzicka,and Hui Zhao, Observation of intrinsic inverse spin Hall effect, Physical Review Letters,106, 107205 (2011).
Featured in Physical Review Focus (Electrons curve without help,02/25/2011) and MRS News.
1. E.J. Loren, Brian A. Ruzicka, L.K. Werake, Hui Zhao, H.M. van Driel, and A.L.Smirl, Optical injection and detection of ballistic pure spin currents in Ge, Applied Physics Letters 95, 092107 (2009).