- Joined KU on Spring 2006
- Graduated on Fall 2011 (Ph.D.)
- Current employment: Intel Corp.
- Lalani K. Werake, B.A. Ruzicka,and Hui Zhao, Observation of intrinsic inverse spin Hall effect, Physical Review Letters,106, 107205 (2011). [Full Text, copyright APS]
Featured in Physical Review Focus (Electrons curve without help,02/25/2011) and MRS News.
- Lalani K. Werake and Hui Zhao, Observation of second-harmonic generation induced by pure spin currents, Nature Physics 6, 875 2010. [Full Text]
Featured in NSF News From the Field.
- Brian A. Ruzicka, Lalani K. Werake, Guowei Xu, Jacob B. Khurgin, E. Ya. Sherman, Judy Z. Wu, and Hui Zhao, Second-harmonic generation induced by electric currents in GaAs, Physical Review Letters 108, 077403 (2012). [Full Text, copyright APS]
Featured in Physics Today (Frequency-doubled photons can measure current density, March of 2012).
Featured in Physics-Uspekhi (Vol. 55, Issue 4) as Physics News: Detection of electric currents in GaAs based on second-harmonic generation.
- B.A. Ruzicka, Lalani K. Werake, H. Samassekou, and Hui Zhao, Ambipolar diffusion of photo-excited carriers in bulk GaAs, Applied Physics Letters 97, 262119 (2010). [Full Text, copyright AIP]
- B.A. Ruzicka, S. Wang, Lalani K. Werake, B. Weintrub, K.P. Loh, and Hui Zhao, Hot carrier diffusion in graphene, Physical Review B 82, 195414 (2010). [Full Text, copyright APS]
- B.A. Ruzicka, Lalani K. Werake, Hui Zhao, S. Wang, and K.P. Loh, Femtosecond pump-probe studies of reduced graphene oxide thin films, Applied Physics Letters 96, 173106 (2010).[Full Text, copyright AIP]
- E.J. Loren, B.A. Ruzicka, Lalani K. Werake, Hui Zhao, H.M. van Driel, and A.L.Smirl, Optical injection and detection of ballistic pure spin currents in Ge, Applied Physics Letters 95, 092107 (2009).[full text, copyright AIP]
- B.A. Ruzicka, K. Higley, Lalani K. Werake, and Hui Zhao, All-optical generation and detection of subpicosecond ac spin-current pulses in GaAs, Physical Review B 78, 045314 (2008).[full text, copyright APS]
Selected as Editor's Suggestions.