- From Sri Lanka
- Joined KU on Spring 2006
- Graduated on Fall 2011 (Ph.D.)
- Current employment: Intel Corp.
8. Lalani K. Werake, B.A. Ruzicka,and Hui Zhao, Observation of intrinsic inverse spin Hall effect, Physical Review Letters,106, 107205 (2011).
Featured in Physical Review Focus (Electrons curve without help,02/25/2011) and MRS News.
6. Brian A. Ruzicka, Lalani K. Werake, Guowei Xu, Jacob B. Khurgin, E. Ya. Sherman, Judy Z. Wu, and Hui Zhao, Second-harmonic generation induced by electric currents in GaAs, Physical Review Letters 108, 077403 (2012). [Full Text, copyright APS]
Featured in Physics Today (Frequency-doubled photons can measure current density, March of 2012).
Featured in Physics-Uspekhi (Vol. 55, Issue 4) as Physics News: Detection of electric currents in GaAs based on second-harmonic generation.
3. B.A. Ruzicka, Lalani K. Werake, Hui Zhao, S. Wang, and K.P. Loh, Femtosecond pump-probe studies of reduced graphene oxide thin films, Applied Physics Letters 96, 173106 (2010).[Full Text, copyright AIP]
2. E.J. Loren, B.A. Ruzicka, Lalani K. Werake, Hui Zhao, H.M. van Driel, and A.L.Smirl, Optical injection and detection of ballistic pure spin currents in Ge, Applied Physics Letters 95, 092107 (2009).[full text, copyright AIP]
1. B.A. Ruzicka, K. Higley, Lalani K. Werake, and Hui Zhao, All-optical generation and detection of subpicosecond ac spin-current pulses in GaAs, Physical Review B 78, 045314 (2008).[full text, copyright APS]
Selected as Editor's Suggestions.